Youth can be defined as an individual, male, female, within the spectrum or non-binary under the age of 21 years old. Youths may identify within any gender identity or expression and any of the sexual orientations/identifier groups. In 2021, it was estimated that there would be 2.7 billion (32.7%) youths worldwide
- Under 21 years of age
- Any gender identity
- Any sexuality orientation/identifier
- 26% (just over a quarter) of the world’s population is under the age of 15
- Figures vary; however, it is estimated that over 40% of LGBTQIA+ youth have experienced homelessness at some point
- According to research carried out by the CDC in 2015, 28% have been bullied electronically, which is and has continued to grow each year
- 18% of LGBT students have been forced to have sexual intercourse at some point, and 18% have experienced physical dating violence
- In research carried out by the HRC Foundation in 2018, of all 12,000 LGBT respondents that formed part of the study, ninety-five per cent of LGBTQIA+ youth reported trouble sleeping at night
Discover more about the youth, from interesting statistics, categories and much more
EXCEPTIONAL AND DIVERSE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY
LGBTQIA+ COUNTRY & REGION GUIDES
Learn more about this or other countries around the world. With over 234 country and 435 regional guides, Gayther guides provides you with all the information you need when planning your trip. From LGBTQIA+ equality to essential travel information, discover Gayther guides today
Click on the IOS or Android link to access the app
Click on the name of the resource visit the site
DISCOVER HOW WELL THE COMMUNITY ARE TREATED..
Gayther Affinity is a private platform for the LGBTQIA+ community and their friends. A space that gives you the freedom to be yourself, helping you communicate with and connect to people similar to yourself from around the world and from all age groups and backgrounds. Get involved with groups discussions, ask questions or quickly search for inclusive business, services, and events near you. Gayther Affinity is committed to safeguarding its users. Through a closed network where user registration is required and enforcing block/report policies and functions to stop online abuse. Signup for your free Affinity account today.
DISCOVER WHICH COUNTRIES LEGALLY RECOGNISE GENDER IDENTITIES...
Gender and body dysmorphia affects many people each year. Many will feel trapped in the wrong body and look to transform their outer appearance to reflect their inner self. For those going through their transition, it is often a challenge and lengthy process. Discover how each country around the world legally acknowledges and treats gender identities