A member of the elder community can be defined as an individual, male, female, within the spectrum or non-binary over the age of 65 years old. Older community members may identify with any gender identity or expression and any sexual orientations/identifier groups. In 2021, it was estimated that there would be 727.6 million (8.7%) members of the elder community worldwide
- Over 65 years of age
- Any gender identity
- Any sexuality orientation/identifier
- It is estimated that one in eleven (9%) of the world’s population are over the age of 65
- People over the age of 65 are the fastest-growing group than any other age group
- Compared to the beginning of the 19th Century, people are living 35 years longer, with an average life expectancy of around 75 years
- LGBTQIA+ individuals seeking care and assistance are more likely to hide their sexual orientation or identity
- Though there are no official studies, it is believed from independent research focusing on elder care that LGBTQIA+ individuals are more likely to be mistreated or become isolated when receiving residential or at-home care
Discover more about the elder community, from interesting statistics, categories and much more
EXCEPTIONAL AND DIVERSE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY
LGBTQIA+ COUNTRY & REGION GUIDES
Learn more about this or other countries around the world. With over 234 country and 435 regional guides, Gayther guides provides you with all the information you need when planning your trip. From LGBTQIA+ equality to essential travel information, discover Gayther guides today
Click on the IOS or Android link to access the app
Click on the name of the resource visit the site
DISCOVER HOW WELL THE COMMUNITY ARE TREATED..
Gayther Affinity is a private platform for the LGBTQIA+ community and their friends. A space that gives you the freedom to be yourself, helping you communicate with and connect to people similar to yourself from around the world and from all age groups and backgrounds. Get involved with groups discussions, ask questions or quickly search for inclusive business, services, and events near you. Gayther Affinity is committed to safeguarding its users. Through a closed network where user registration is required and enforcing block/report policies and functions to stop online abuse. Signup for your free Affinity account today.
DISCOVER WHICH COUNTRIES LEGALLY RECOGNISE GENDER IDENTITIES...
Gender and body dysmorphia affects many people each year. Many will feel trapped in the wrong body and look to transform their outer appearance to reflect their inner self. For those going through their transition, it is often a challenge and lengthy process. Discover how each country around the world legally acknowledges and treats gender identities
EXCEPTIONAL PEOPLE MAKING HISTORY
(literal translations for popular languages)