Other associated gender identities:
- Trans* or Trans+ (pronounced – tranz-as-tuh-risk or pluhs | trænz ˈæs tə rɪsk or plʌs) are two umbrella terms that refer to the range of identities inside and outside of the gender spectrum
- An individual who identifies with a gender or sex which is different from the one they were assigned at birth
- Transgender or Trans is an umbrella term
- The term transexual typically refers to an individual that has undergone sexual reassignment surgery or hormone replacement therapy
- It is believed that less than 0.3% of the world’s population identifies as transgender
- Transgender history dates as far back as the 3rd millennium BC, when transgender Gala priests were mentioned in Sumerian and Akkadian texts
- The Roman emperor Elagabalus, who died in 222AD, is considered one of the earliest recorded transgender individuals
- 98 or 42% of all countries around the world have some form of laws in place relating to gender identity or expression
- Bangladesh and India are the only two countries around the world that have a third gender option, known as hijra, besides male and female is available
EXCEPTIONAL AND DIVERSE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY
LGBTQIA+ COUNTRY & REGION GUIDES
Learn more about this or other countries around the world. With over 234 country and 435 regional guides, Gayther guides provides you with all the information you need when planning your trip. From LGBTQIA+ equality to essential travel information, discover Gayther guides today
Click on the IOS or Android link to access the app
Click on the name of the resource visit the site
DISCOVER HOW WELL THE COMMUNITY ARE TREATED..
Gayther Affinity is a private platform for the LGBTQIA+ community and their friends. A space that gives you the freedom to be yourself, helping you communicate with and connect to people similar to yourself from around the world and from all age groups and backgrounds. Get involved with groups discussions, ask questions or quickly search for inclusive business, services, and events near you. Gayther Affinity is committed to safeguarding its users. Through a closed network where user registration is required and enforcing block/report policies and functions to stop online abuse. Signup for your free Affinity account today.
DISCOVER WHICH COUNTRIES LEGALLY RECOGNISE GENDER IDENTITIES...
Gender and body dysmorphia affects many people each year. Many will feel trapped in the wrong body and look to transform their outer appearance to reflect their inner self. For those going through their transition, it is often a challenge and lengthy process. Discover how each country around the world legally acknowledges and treats gender identities