Intersex and non-binary are also different; people who identify as non-binary cannot associate or connect with conventional male or female gender characteristics. In contrast, intersex people are born with male and female characteristics, with others deciding what gender should be assigned. The term androgyny is also used to describe people with mixed biological gender characteristics.
Other associated gender identities:
- Androgynous (pronounced – an-dro-juh-nuhs | ænˈdrɒʤɪnəs) – is a term that relates to a person that has elements of femineity and masculinity in an ambiguous form. Unlike Intersex individuals, androgynous people are born male or female; however, they will express how they think and feel through their biological sex, gender identity, expression or sexual orientation
- Individuals are born with both male and female characteristics
- Many intersex individuals only discover their identity during puberty, if at all
- Androgyny is a term also used to describe people with mixed biological gender characteristics
- It is estimated that between 0.05% to 1.7% of the world’s population are born with Intersex traits
- Under 1% of people with Intersex traits receive surgery to change their genital appearance
- Intersex traits do not generally affect a person’s physical health; however, they do have an impact on infertility, and hormone levels
- Most Intersex people do not identify as a ‘third sex’ instead opting to identify as either male or female
- Some people are born with an intersex anatomy without anyone knowing (including themselves), many only discovering that they are intersex during puberty
EXCEPTIONAL AND DIVERSE LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY
LGBTQIA+ COUNTRY & REGION GUIDES
Learn more about this or other countries around the world. With over 234 country and 435 regional guides, Gayther guides provides you with all the information you need when planning your trip. From LGBTQIA+ equality to essential travel information, discover Gayther guides today
Click on the IOS or Android link to access the app
Click on the name of the resource visit the site
DISCOVER HOW WELL THE COMMUNITY ARE TREATED..
Gayther Affinity is a private platform for the LGBTQIA+ community and their friends. A space that gives you the freedom to be yourself, helping you communicate with and connect to people similar to yourself from around the world and from all age groups and backgrounds. Get involved with groups discussions, ask questions or quickly search for inclusive business, services, and events near you. Gayther Affinity is committed to safeguarding its users. Through a closed network where user registration is required and enforcing block/report policies and functions to stop online abuse. Signup for your free Affinity account today.
DISCOVER WHICH COUNTRIES LEGALLY RECOGNISE GENDER IDENTITIES...
Gender and body dysmorphia affects many people each year. Many will feel trapped in the wrong body and look to transform their outer appearance to reflect their inner self. For those going through their transition, it is often a challenge and lengthy process. Discover how each country around the world legally acknowledges and treats gender identities